• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  [mature] at me, the sea withdrew
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    What are you doing here?

Her voice pierces the silent of the night, even in its hushed tones. It piques Castile’s interest, stirring him from his solitude. Even amid the cackling coyotes and rattlesnakes, he hears her so clearly, as though standing adjacent to her.

And the voices, the hiss of words so similar to the monster that lies in his mind and soul, crawl into his ears and awaken a primal intrigue. A deep breath surges into his lungs and his senses electrify with acute fascination to locate her. It doesn’t take long; rarely does it. The pull is undeniable and adds a mild rush to his footsteps that place him quickly in front of her, on the opposite side of the serpents. He understands them, all of them, but he says nothing. Castile’s gaze merely dwells for a long moment as his ears twist to hear Oceane’s dismissal of them. A lopsided grin forms but it flickers after she turns on him, relief washing across her face.

Draconic wings sprout from his shoulder blades, reaching their full height only to reach toward Oceane, pulling her near enough in an embrace. ”I was awake,” he admits in the tent of his large wings, their eyes locking, ”but do not apologize.” Such a foolish reason to say she is sorry, he muses but never says aloud as the cool night breathes against his skin. ”Are you okay?” Looking at her, she seems to be. The racing of her heart says otherwise, but he cannot determine why. Her thoughts are safe from him, as is everyone’s. All he can rely on are primal instincts and observation. It only goes so far, but his wings provide the privacy to delve into her mind and understand her more than he ever has.

castile

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    [mature] at me, the sea withdrew - by Oceane - 01-07-2020, 05:39 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Castile - 01-08-2020, 09:03 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Oceane - 01-09-2020, 05:51 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Castile - 01-17-2020, 01:13 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 12:49 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Castile - 01-27-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: at me, the sea withdrew - by Oceane - 01-28-2020, 12:51 PM
    RE: [mature] at me, the sea withdrew - by Castile - 01-31-2020, 12:03 PM
    RE: [mature] at me, the sea withdrew - by Oceane - 02-04-2020, 12:26 PM