• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  take my hand, we'll dive into the sea; Olver

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

Of the many things she might expect to herald the dawn breaking the horizon, her name drifting, interrupted, through the air is not one of them. There are few enough who know her that to stumble upon someone nearly immediately after such a sustained absence is surprising. As she shifts her gaze, blinking, it takes her a moment to register the verbal exclamation that had ended on thought rather than breath. But when her eyes settle on the familiar green and gold form, her immediate delight is tempered by a momentary confusion.

Moving slowly through the shallows towards one of her oldest friends, she glances briefly around, brows furrowed. Still, it cannot halt the spread of a smile across her lips as she greets him with familiar warmth. “You are a sight for sore eyes Olver.”

After a moment, when she sees no one else around them, her lips dip briefly into an uncertain frown. “Is it just you here?”

Her seeking mind feels no one else nearby, but she knows there exists those who have natural defenses against her ability. But as her attention returns to Olver, his thoughts as clear as his voice despite her years-long attempts to suppress her ability, she realizes belatedly that perhaps what she had been seeking had been before her this entire time.

Suddenly, eyes widening faintly, she exclaims gently, “Your voice!’

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take my hand, we'll dive into the sea; Olver - by Persea - 01-14-2020, 01:10 PM