• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a monster on my mother's side; any

She’s been called here, beckoned back from her adventures, back from exploring the world beyond Beqanna. There are many, many strange places out there she has learned - strange places where she is not so strange.

But, at the end of the day, this is home.

Although there is a clear beacon telling her where she needs to go, Fiorina cannot help but marvel at the way this place has changed since she was born here. Not in any interesting ways though - she feels like there’s more colour and flashing appendages among the inhabitants than there used to be and the lands have changed - but none of this really affects her. Maybe Beqanna has become like the other places she has visited, maybe this is now one of those places where she is not so strange - horses with armoured plates on their bodies and prehensile, knife-tipped tails may blend in a little more.

Fiorina is not sure whether she wants to blend in or not. She enjoyed exploring the great wide world, but cared little for exploring within her own heart or mind.

She was, after all, destined to be a monster. One step above Anaxarete’s pets - her mother and grandmother.

It is dawn when she arrives in Pangea, ears catching the noises of night turning to day while she slinks - as well as a horse can slink - into one of the canyons. Will she meet a stranger or one of her assorted family members first?

It is difficult to find the means to care either way.

open to any!

Messages In This Thread
    a monster on my mother's side; any - by Fiorina - 01-08-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: a monster on my mother's side; any - by Set - 01-09-2020, 08:06 PM