• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll never be your chosen one: any
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Although he’s met two new siblings in Taiga, he has no problem leaving the redwoods to wander elsewhere. Tiercel has been turning away from his family since the moment he saw his parents’ eyes glow with delight at his siblings’ wings and then immediately shadow at the emptiness of his shoulders. It had been difficult to leave as a child (Eyas and Gale tried to keep him involved, Lepis would swaddle him in her peace, he relied upon the safety his family provided), but when he failed Gale and thus his whole family, Tiercel had fled the nest.

Why did he go to Taiga only to turn toward Pangea days later?

The striped faces of his two younger siblings carried more weight than the children had realized. Lepis had loved him tenderly and faithfully (he wonders if she’d known that he would hide the bitterness in his heart as an adult) but Wolfbane had been an adequate father, seemingly more involved in politics than anything. Tiercel feels anger flood in his chest at the thought of his parents torturing more children, forcing them into the tight, bonding responsibilities of a royal family.

He arrives at Pangea’s border with the anger still hovering around him like a dark cloud, likely influencing anyone within talking distance.
    tiercel.

Messages In This Thread
    i'll never be your chosen one: any - by Tiercel - 01-10-2020, 03:40 PM