• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wait until you see the new me - Pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

What she says is less of an offer than a statement of fact, yet it brings a smile to his face that he had not expected to find. She will keep them safe, Vastra tells the soldier, and Pteron does not have the heart to break her fragile certainty. They are little more than strangers, the piebald stallion and the smoky dun, and yet the idea of Vastra being wherever he and Adarra end up is a pleasant one. “Even if we choose Pangea?” he teases, having heard the rumors but feeling safe behind the gift that Craft and Anatomy had granted to the redwood forest.

Though his heart is far lighter than it might have been without Vastra’s unexpected arrival, Pteron recognizes the sincerity in her tone. He does give her an answer, an agreeable nod and an “I would like that.” The emotion he had projected earlier lingers though, the happiness making it far easier to bush away the potential sobriety of the generous offer she’s made to repay her debt.

“Did you come here to find me?” He asks, “Or were you here for Aten?” Their first meeting had included the champagne leader of the Taiga, who had offered these same woods as sanctuary. Unfortunately, these woods did not hold a healer at the time, and Pteron thinks the choice of the Brilliant Pampas instead had been a good one. Vastra’s healed wing here proves that, surely. “He’s here somewhere, I assume, though he has been scarce of late.” That is being especially kind, Pteron thinks, having not seen the man since early summer.

@[Vastra]

-- pteron --

i kinda made it current time but also i am gucci if they meet up again later and we wrap up this thread!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wait until you see the new me - Pteron - by Pteron - 02-27-2020, 08:29 AM