• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  waking up to ash and dust - anyone

a n o m a l y.

She scrambled to her feet, and in her panic was less than graceful in doing so.  Her eyes were wide and her breath came in short panicked bursts. Clearly she had done this. But how?  The unanswered questions seemed to muddle her mind, and she couldn’t tear he gaze away from the remnants of what had once been seemingly healthy flowers.

It took her another moment to realize that she was not the only witness to this conundrum. The stranger seemed to be around her age, which put her at ease. Yet he wasn’t like anyone she’d ever seen in Pangea, which wasn’t saying much. She got the impression that for the majority of her life she had intentionally been kept away from others. Of course she had never asked her mother directly, but none of the other children in Pangea had xenomorph bodyguards as she had.

“I - I don’t know. I don’t think it’s ever happened before,” she said, trying to keep the panic out of her voice and failing.  She had little way of knowing if such a thing had happened before. She usually slept on the stone floor of the caves carved into the sandstone canyons in Pangea.  And the flowers and foliage there were not lush and vibrant like they were here.

“I don’t have any magic. At least I didn’t think so,” she said, uncertainty coloring her voice and making the words seem meek. She turns her wide eyes - glowing eerily - towards the boy. “Have you ever seen anything like this before?” Perhaps he had the answers that she did not.  Or perhaps he was just revolted by her already. The thought made her heart sink in her chest.

“I’m Anomaly, by the way,” she adds, feeling a little bit foolish. She hoped, fleetingly, that he wouldn’t be scared away. After having lived her first year in relative isolation, she certainly wasn’t skilled in the realm of socialization.  She had so many questions, but kept her dark lips pressed tightly shut to keep them from escaping in a rush.

i'm breathing in the chemicals.

@[Larrikin]
    WARNING: 
    Anomaly is radioactive. 
    Those that touch her may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions. 
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to her blood.

Messages In This Thread
    waking up to ash and dust - anyone - by Anomaly - 01-10-2020, 11:02 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - anyone - by Anomaly - 01-12-2020, 11:04 AM