• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  waking up to ash and dust - anyone

a n o m a l y.

”Hm…” she mused, as she stared down at the wilted, bleached flowers. “Maybe they’ll grow back,” she added, doing her damndest to be optimistic about the fate of the once-beautiful plants.

“Hey!” she yelled, feigning hurt at the fact that he’d said her eyes look like a bug’s butt.  She knew about her eyes, of course, but didn’t volunteer the fact that it wasn’t just her eyes that glowed. Her blood wasn’t like everyone else's, or at least no one she knew.  The thought was fleeting, and she theatrically furrowed her brows before she answered. “Well your markings glow! How is that any different than my eyes!?” she replied, with mock indignation, but dissolved into giggles sooner than she should have if she meant to keep up the act.  She managed to get control over the giggles long enough spit out one of the things she’d wanted to ask him right away.  “Do you have any magic, Larry?” she asked - her (weird) eyes wide with anticipation. Apparently she could kill plants - but maybe he could do something cooler and more useful.

At the prospect of playing a game, her heartbeat quickened. “I’ve never played tag,” she said, her voice somewhat quiet again. She doesn’t know why she feels embarrassed, but she does. It’s very clear from even this short conversation that she has been deprived of much throughout her childhood.  “I know how to play, though!” she added, quickly, to ensure he didn’t think she’s too stupid to figure out how to play tag.  She’s just...never had someone to play with before now.  That’s not to say she didn’t have siblings - she had many, and there were definitely other kids in Pangea.  She’d seen them before but....she wasn’t the most approachable playmate when accompanied by her mother’s extraterrestrial bodyguards. Or so she rationalized to herself.

“So, am I supposed to chase you or am I supposed to run away?” she asked, determinedly, her little feet dancing in place and ready to take flight.

i'm breathing in the chemicals.

@[Larrikin]
    WARNING: 
    Anomaly is radioactive. 
    Those that touch her may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions. 
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to her blood.

Messages In This Thread
    waking up to ash and dust - anyone - by Anomaly - 01-10-2020, 11:02 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - anyone - by Anomaly - 01-14-2020, 09:15 PM