• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

caught in the current
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

“Sometimes,” she says, knowing at least a little of politics if not a lot. It was hard not to have some idea of what happened. Even if you weren’t trying, you heard pieces of conversations, were updated at kingdom meetings, and she did occasionally show up to such things. “Sometimes not. Castile has ruled since before I was born, which was six years ago now. I don’t know how long he ruled before that.” He is the easiest example, the one she is the most sure of, but she knows he’d been on the throne of Loess for quite some time. He cannot be the only one, though lately there had been a number of changes. Perhaps it would settle for a time.

Ori’s eyes are drawn to the other mare’s belly, though she doesn’t ask after the father and looks only out of the fact they are now speaking of such things. The truth is even if Ori knew of the child’s sire, she would not care. Ori, naive little Ori, doesn’t quite understand the implications of it. She doesn’t know of Castile’s relationship with Sochi. She only knows that Castile has a child with her mother, and even that didn’t hurt (perhaps because she has no love for Kagerus, and does not know Solace or the timing or anything else). “I do not blame you. Are you feeling well?” she asks, uncertain what else she is supposed to say. She does care, but she has never known what to do in most any situation.

Then Oceane asks another question, and she does not answer right away. It is a good question, one she asks herself often and cannot answer because it requires a truth she doesn’t want to face. Why then, she tells Oceane now, she may never not. Yet somehow the other mare makes Ori feel as if the truth will be useful, and so she offers it. “I was stolen here as a child, out of political rivalry. At the time, I was too furious with my mothers for leaving me to ever consider going back to the place they once called home, so I stayed here, knowing of no other option and not bothering to explore them. Now though? I don’t know. I miss my old home, sometimes, though there is no life left there.” She’d been to visit and found the Cove deserted, and that hurt her heart the most.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@[Oceane]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-12-2020, 08:44 AM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oceane - 01-12-2020, 06:17 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-24-2020, 03:23 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oceane - 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-28-2020, 04:53 PM