• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If you do not have shadows, you are not in the light
    Darkling

She does not react in terror. A fact that intrigues Darkling more than it should. While fear in itself is amusing enough, this is vastly more interesting. Indeed, despite rather violently flinching, she favors him with a glare of pure disgruntlement rather apprehension or alarm.

His grin widens at that.

“Is anyone ever what they seem?” he counters easily to her challenge, golden head tilting as he studies her openly. His dark eyes gleam with a devilish light, but they bode no immediate ill. “You seem like a silly little girl, but you didn’t run away. Perhaps it’s besting the big bad wolf you dream of instead.”

He laughs at that, amused at his own musings. It’s not an especially kind laugh, despite the surprisingly lyrical tones. In barely another breath, the primate vanishes in a swirl of dark smoke. Moments later, from the trees Darkling had so recently stepped from, a shadowy wolf stalks, yellow eyes gleaming and predatory.

“And maybe I dream of being the wolf.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you do not have shadows, you are not in the light - by Darkling - 02-26-2020, 11:12 AM