• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies
    THE SUN IS UP, THE SKY IS BLUE

She looks at them in awe for a moment - eyes wide with shock and awe and admiration. She knew it was them - knew it in her bones. That and the fact that one was literally covered in flowers and the other had appeared in a swirl of leaves had been a dead giveaway.

“You’re the plant magicians,” she states rather than asks. The excitement is there but is muted by the shock of finding them so quickly.  She’d certainly believed that they were real - she wouldn’t have come all this way if she hadn’t. But seeing them was a whole experience. 

“I um…”   However now she feels foolish and something deep inside her screams at her to run - to retreat back into the arms of the familiar forest.  She isn’t sure what to say or how to say it without sounding utterly pathetic - like a petulant child.

“I can manipulate plants,” she starts, lamely, gesturing to the flower before her. Unbenounced to Fern, she can do more than manipulate plants. She’s never truly understood the earth based healing she also possessed, often crediting her health to her affinity with the earth rather than anything unusual.  But that was the least of her concerns at this moment. At this moment she was more focused on figuring out what to say to these two women. She had never possessed any sense of sophisticated social graces, having basically raised herself.  No decorum. No real mastery of manners. Fern was just...Fern. The eternal ragamuffin. But she pressed on, determined.

“Well, sort of. I have trouble controlling it. Sometimes things just happen and sometimes nothing does,” she’s a little embarrassed to admit this to her would-be mentors, but Fern’s desire to learn allows her to transcend her own shame. 

“I don’t have anyone... so when I heard that there were plant magicians here I, um -” she pauses again, doing her best to find the right words. She doesn’t make this admission to garner pity - she didn’t mind being alone. She was never alone with the world so alive all around her.

“I felt like maybe…you could help me?” she asks, hopefully, while fully understanding that both of these women likely have better things to do.  The green filly shrugs her painted shoulders, hoping she hadn’t wasted everyone’s time by coming here.

“I just want to learn,” she admits, quietly, averting her gaze from the two women.

F E R N
    image credit

@[Isilya]
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies - by Fern - 01-14-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies - by Fern - 02-09-2020, 03:53 PM