• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  past and future
    BRUNHILDE
    I BET ON LOSING DOGS
    Even while distracted by remembering how to fly, Brunhilde cannot take her mind off of Vastra. When she forces her wings down, the tip of one comes dangerously close to the shifter's, burning feathers launching up just before sizzling against skin.

Vastra seems to swallow the sky as she flies. Her speed and skill greatly outmatch the wildfire mare's but oh! She how could she mind? The sky is clear and blue, her companion the right kind of earthy color that somehow clashes and melds with the bright white and blue. Vastra takes Brun's breath away. Such freedom is unlike anything she has ever experienced. The rush of it nearly makes her dizzy.

A pleading and startled utterance of Vastra's name begins to leave Hildy's lips when the shifter draws back, levelling herself with slower mare. A secret smile lifts her mouth - how good it feels to recieve one of those small affections that reminds one they're being thought of. Brun hasn't felt so gently seen since she was a child.

How long has it been?

Swallowing back a hundred answers, Brunhilde turns her open gaze away from Vastra and out to the open sky. Her lips sharpen to a hard line.

"I don't know," she says, quiet, small. I don't know answers so many of those versions of her companion's question. I don't know the last time I flew. I don't know the last time I felt safe. I don't know the last time I saw someone I love.

I don't know.

"I don't know," Brun repeats, unintentionally, blank gaze turning back to Vastra. "What about you?" she asks, then suddenly bursts into colorful laughter. What about you, what? she thinks. "I mean . . ." is the beginning of some sort of doomed-to-fail explanation, but she stops with no real answer to offer, mouth slightly agape in a semi-embarrassed smile.

@[Vastra]

Messages In This Thread
    past and future - by Vastra - 01-16-2020, 04:40 PM
    RE: past and future - by brunhilde - 01-19-2020, 04:43 AM
    RE: past and future - by Vastra - 01-21-2020, 06:39 PM
    RE: past and future - by brunhilde - 01-26-2020, 04:38 AM
    RE: past and future - by Vastra - 02-06-2020, 10:10 PM
    RE: past and future - by brunhilde - 02-17-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: past and future - by Vastra - 02-25-2020, 08:02 PM
    RE: past and future - by brunhilde - 04-05-2020, 03:23 PM
    RE: past and future - by Vastra - 05-03-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: past and future - by brunhilde - 05-26-2020, 12:48 AM