• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  rotten peaches on the breath of the Colossus.

Who’s teaching this little monster about eugenics?

Fiorina comes from a vicious family who would eat everyone until they were killed but, mercilessly, are tethered to a magician that will not allowed them to cause (much) havoc. But that is simply the way of animals - and the xenomorphs are animals. Utterly feral, hunting for food or for hosts for the next generation.

But this? This talk is something she does not quite understand. Who decides who is worthy and what is their right to do so?

“There could be.” Is her shrug of a non-commital answer at first, tilting her head like a curious bird or puppy that has just discovered something new. She’s not quite sure what to make of this creature and his talk of cleansing. Maybe that’s why she gives the full truth? Just to avoid having another conversation. “Anaxarete called me home but I’ve been exploring and it’s hard to stop that habit. I haven’t seen Beqanna since it all shifted and changed yet and I would like to.” Which is, she realizes before she continues, possibly a hard concept to explain to someone who can only see hot and cold. Is it rude of her to explain that she is looking for a new hunting ground, not a new family. She cares little for politics - she wants to see something interesting. If Pangea is the most interesting then that’s that - but if not? Well, she’s curious to see where she might end up.

Her smile returns when she watches him following the wave of her tail.

She does think about it, for a moment.

Thinks about testing whether it could slice through scale.

But his mention of the sky and stars is enough to send that thought away. She looks up, considering the sky for a moment and letting her tail fall back to rest lightly upon the ground. “Well there’s nothing interesting there so you’re not missing much. The sky is the same wherever you go, it does not change anything.”

@[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: rotten peaches on the breath of the Colossus. - by Fiorina - 02-01-2020, 11:26 PM