• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    It seemed like every time he came to her, she imagined what a life with him could be like. She built a little house for him there in the aching, barren wasteland of her heart. But each time he left, all she could do was burn it to the ground and curse herself for ever being so hopeful. It made her bare her teeth and reach for his throat with hunger instead of adoration. If she could not have him wholly then she would turn it all to ash and dust, she thought.

Beautiful fool, she could never foresee what the ashes built for her. The fires laid the foundation for the forest she feels bursting into life within the pit of her soul. And now it threatens to consume her, this entire aching wilderness that bears his name across every inch of it. It would take at least a lifetime to turn it all to smoldering embers now. And she trembles at the sight of it.

He laughs. I did not think you cared, he says.
    Her breath quivers with rage and she lights the match anyway.

Sabbath can’t help the way her eyes narrow when he swears to her that he will not take another lover. Loyalty had always seemed like a fairy tale for children and anyone too stubborn to accept the reality of their life. Could she ever take another after this awful reckoning? The thought alone revolts her worse than when he said he loved her, so she brushes the thought from her mind. Instead she wonders if he would try to harm Prayer or Dacre, still children themselves. They are the spoils of past failures but she loves them as dearly as the stirring twins behind her.

Take another and I’ll eat you both,” she counters, watching him closely before she turns to watch Reign step away from her side. She admires the way her scales ripple across her coat and she remembers the first day Chronos showed his scales. But his had been different, smaller. Her head tilts curiously until she cries out in fear. Sabbath is quick to pull her daughter to her chest as she coos sweetly to her.

Don’t be afraid, Reign. I’m right here. Everything is okay.

Eucharist, meanwhile, observes with wide eyes that lift to meet his father’s. He gives a soft snort when Nish’s thought echoes across his young mind. What can he do? Well, he can mind his own business, for starters. And while he doesn’t mean for the thought to mingle with his sire’s, they do anyway. Sabbath simply goes on comforting the young basilisk with delicate whispers and soft caresses, unaware of the struggle between the other two.
    @[Tarnished]

Messages In This Thread
    hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-19-2020, 03:56 AM