• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    burning cities and napalm skies,
    fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes

The voice is small, but loud and precocious enough to interrupt Nish’s own inner monologue. He might have paid it little to no attention if not for the ‘lessons’ from his own mother. “Do you remember asking me how I got this scar?” He sighs softly, directing his question at Sabbath though his eyes never leave Eucharist. There is a point to this, after all. He wonders if the boy knows what he’s going to say before he even says it.

“I carved it into my own face to remind me of my mother—she had one just like it, and I am the only child she has that looks just like her.” Nish smiles, though there’s something empty and haunting about it now. He briefly glances at Reign who hides her face against Sabbath, as if she is too afraid to look at him—somehow painting him as the culprit, the one who’d caused her to start turning. With each word her mother coos, her trembling starts to wane.

“She was a queen and made a deal with an old king: If she gave him an heir, his kingdom would be bound to protect her family. A blood oath.” The stallion shifts his weight a second time, considering moving towards them but then dismissing the thought entirely. Sabbath is too tense and he doesn’t want to risk sparking her ire again. “Once I was born—well, my dear old mother knew she wasn’t long for this world, you see. She decided she was going to… end it, and didn’t want to waste time teaching me what I needed to know.”  Nish grows rather still, locking eyes with Eucharist once more. “She was a telepath, so she sunk her claws into my impressionable little mind and… showed me everything.”

What is everything?
    He leaves that for her to wonder.

“Our son is like her,” he seems to shrug at that, there’s nothing he can do to change it and he isn’t ashamed of the scaly winged foal at all. If anything, he’s even more proud of him. Eucharist is something to be feared and not in the same way he imagines Reign will be feared. Whereas, from what he’s seen, she will possess brute strength, their son will be cunning and that is a very dangerous thing to be in Beqanna. “So you may want to be careful around that one.”

“But anyway, if I ever touch another, eat us both. They’re boring and should I stoop so low again, I deserve it.”

careful creature, made friends with time
    he left her lonely with a diamond mind

@[Sabbath]
    Vanquish x Nocturnal
    equus mutatio, immortality, disease manipulation, trait immunity

Messages In This Thread
    hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Tarnished - 01-21-2020, 03:56 AM