• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise

The last year has been a blur because I’ve just been so happy that everything has felt like a dream. I did not know it was possible to love anything as much as I love the two little foals I helped bring into this world.

It still doesn’t quite feel real and at the same time it feels like I am finally living. Like all these years I have just been a phantom and it took two purple foals to turn me into something of flesh and blood.

I am thankful, as well, for the sweet mare that created this family with me. For her kindness in letting me actually be a part of it. Did you know this is the first time I haven’t been chased off by a family member? Pretty cool, right? It’s not like we’re married or anything but there’s a special level of friendship, I think, for whatever we are.

I have greatly been enjoying staying in Ischia, though I’m starting to worry that I will not be welcome now that Donny and Millie are growing up. It’s something I’ve been meaning to ask, a fear that’s been present ever since they were born if I’m being honest. As soon as I resolve to ask Eva the next time I see her, don’t I just come around the bend on the beach and spot the very same mare.

Seeing her always brings a smile to my face, whatever worries are going on in my head, and I don’t waste any time in going over. I stand out a lot in this bright, sunny place so I’ve taken to decorating myself with tropical flowers - or letting the kids do it for me. Today I have been draped in plus magenta flowers and I gotta say, they compliment my complexion very nicely.

“Eva! How are you today?”

artwork by space1993

@[Eva] but also @[donny] and @[Millicent] are welcome to crash if they want <333

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-14-2020, 05:55 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-21-2020, 06:38 PM