• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    A bright smile grows further on her lips as she watches her friend fill up with delight. Velkan certainly always made her smile. Evan knew without a doubt he would always find some way to cheer her up. Personally, she thought he sparkled more than the sun itself and that was saying a lot since Eva loved the sun and how it warmed her up every time.

“I couldn’t agree more,” she replies warmly and honestly. Velkan seemed all the happier living in Ischia since their children were born. She doesn’t recall a day that he had been sad either. Both of their days, with their two foals, had been filled with wonderful moments after all.

When her friend’s smile falters, her ears flicker forward and her own smile fades too. An expression of concern touches her finely chiseled features. Eva takes a step forward, wondering what could possibly change Velkan’s mood so quickly.

Eva is about to ask what is bothering him, but it is quickly blurted out of him in some sort of mumbling. Velkan kicks up some sand, and she retakes her step back. His voice had been quiet, but Eva had picked it up without trouble.

The sea mare is a bit surprised to hear the question. She had never thought of him leaving the island after the kids were gone. No certainly would have been her answers if he did try to leave!

Returning her step forward, she lowers her head towards him, and moving her own muzzle close to his. It seemed Velkan would have thought he needed to leave. She couldn’t help but wonder how much of this had been bothering him and for how long too.

“Oh Velkan,” she says warmly in a soft voice, “You are my dearest friend. I would never want you to leave Ischia.” Eva tells him the truth. He needed to know he was always welcomed here no matter what. “Even if you tried leaving, I would never let you,” she says flatly but it is hard for her to keep a straight face when she says that. A grin quickly stretches wide across her face.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Velkan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM