• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Her heart fills with warmth when hearing Velkan’s sincere gratitude. Eva always wanted to ensure everyone she loved and cares for were happy. Without a doubt, the purple nereid would go beyond measure to make certain that they were. Velkan held a special place in her heart, he was one of her greatest friends and the father to her beautiful twin foals.

Noticing the atmosphere has become lighter around them, Eva finds herself relaxing once more. It was a beautiful day, why should anyone be sad? The purple nereid knew it was never a good idea to remain solely on thinking about the past, and such worries should always be discussed. Eva was more than willing to help find a solution. She didn’t want anyone to feel disappointed in themselves, especially if she could help her family and friends in any way that she could.

Her golden gaze remains on watching the black antlered stallion when his gaze turns to focus on the ocean. Her wide smile fades into a soft, small content smile. In this moment, she feels completely content here with her friend. The simple worries of leading Ischia and a good parent fade into the background.

When Velkan turns back to her with a twinkle in his eye and hears what he says next, the purple nereid’s smile grows once more. It spreads fast and wide across her finely curved profile. Her golden eyes glisten instantly, shining like the sun just above them today. “I would be happy to teach you how,” she offers with excitement. Doing anything with the water filled Eva with joy. It was the next best thing to her after being a mother.

The purple nereid moves towards where the seashore and ocean waves meet. Her strides are quickly paced and evident of her excitement. When the first waves of the water touch her front hooves, she turns back to Velkan with wild and bright eyes. “Well, come along!” She says inviting him to join her at her side.

When he does, the sea mare gently and slowly makes her way into the swallow part of the ocean. She turns around to see Velkan’s reaction and if he follows. “The only way you are going to learn is if you are in the water!” A musical sound of laughter follows after her words to the antlered stallion. “I promise I won’t let you drown. Just trust me.” But Eva knew she didn’t have to worry about gaining his trust, she already felt that her friend trusted her a great deal.

“My first tip is don’t be afraid. I’ll be right here if you need anything.” She says trying to offer some reassurance for him to come into the water. “You’ll soon enough find out why swimming is so great!”
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Velkan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM