• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  flower therapy

It’s spring, which means it’s finally safe to leave Ischia (I do not do well in the cold). Not that leaving the islands is very easy because I am not a good swimmer. There’s no fat and not much by way of muscle on my body so I just sort of… sink. Thank the gods for sandbars.

But I’m here now, and I’ve dried off over the walk. I also lost the flowers that I had in my mane during the swim, however, which is most distressing, so I’m browsing for some more. The meadow is my favourite because of the selection, and because the smell of my monster-family isn’t so strong here. They like to hunt in the forest, after all, though I do pick up traces of Anaxarete’s shadow-scent and the acidic one of the others now and then.

It’s been easy to forget that they are here too while I’ve been wrapped up in the bliss of having foals, even as I’ve feared their presence. I don’t want them to find my children, don’t want to know if Ana will find a use to corrupt them and don’t want to know that Ripley will find them tasty.

Despite the warmth of the sun on my skin, a shiver runs through me and I focus more intently on my search for some brightly coloured flowers. They always help.

artwork by space1993

@[Islas] <3

Messages In This Thread
    flower therapy - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:26 PM
    RE: flower therapy - by Islas - 01-26-2020, 05:32 PM
    RE: flower therapy - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 10:19 PM
    RE: flower therapy - by Islas - 02-16-2020, 04:03 AM
    RE: flower therapy - by Velkan - 03-05-2020, 09:26 PM