• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

The pearl of her scales was buffed and polished by the fine sands thrown up by the falls. Mud flecked the whiteness of her heels, the pale shells of her hooves. It was a deep cleansing, the kind that made her feel brand new. Her golden tints had faded with the years, leaching away into the milk white gloss only edged in sunny amber. The brightest glimmer of metallic shine was a tipped down triangle of gold scales that now bloomed across her brow. She had grown into herself. 

Hal was wandering the isle, the youthful cat learning his own body and the things it was capable of away from his mother's watchful eye. He was her pride and her prince, and his ever widening berth of independence was a bittersweet victory to her. She was beginning to miss the days where he spent every hour by her side, looking back to make sure she was never more than a pace or two behind. Still, it was a good thing, wasn't it? The point of parenting was to ensure that the child would one day be able to leave the nest. She only wished it wasn't such a blindingly fast transition. 

The water splashed at her feet in sweet music as she lifted her head to greet the voice calling her. Her pink lips rose in an answering smile as the vibrant form of the island's Dame approached. "Eva! It's been a while." She burbled, eyes sparkling with joy. Her elegant neck arched to return the embrace of her foster-niece. 

The shell adorned mare settled besides her with easy familiarity, and she settled back on her heels. Her head tipped to rest lightly on Eva's crest, her smile a little dimmed as she wondered what to say. "I am well. It's been such a while since we last spoke. I adopted a son several moons ago, I don't think you've met him? He is hard to mistake." She laughed her sea breeze laugh and wrinkled her nose. Hard to mistake indeed. 

"And how are you and the family? Any news?" She asked, wondering what the other sea woman's own brood had been up to lately. They were a lively clan, always up to some new adventure. It was a good place for childhood ventures, full of hidden wonders for young explorers to find. The sea hung lightly on them both, as easily worn as their own skins, something the children seemed to carry with them also. It was a simple pleasure to share the company of one so alike, in a place so beautiful.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 01-22-2020, 03:18 PM