• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    The calm that falls between the pair was a welcome interlude. A twin set of currents that wove through the island, meeting and parting with effortless grace. For all that they had seemingly both been living on the island these past days, it was remarkable that they had not found more time to interact. Aquaria blamed herself somewhat for that. She had gotten so involved in Halcyon's safety, that she had kept them close to the cove they occupied. There had been few forays of any meaningful length recently. 

The sharing of the news with the violet Eva made her smile, the introduction of family to kin. Still, there was more too it than that. The pearl mermare nodded with cautious joy. "His name is Halcyon. He is..." How to say it? She wrinkled her nose ruefully. "Well. He's a good boy. But please don't be alarmed if you hear reports of a great cat roaming the islands these days. He's a shifter, and pretty attached to his tiger form. I'll bring him by to meet you soon." It was only right that the but meet the guardian of their home, and Aquaria silently berated herself for not having thought of it sooner. She really had been distracted. 

In turn, she smiled and listened attentively to Eva's tales of her own family's doings. Though they were very nearly the same age, the bearing and raising of foals seemed to have found Eva much more naturally than it had her paler counterpart. The way the Dame's family seemed to have knit itself together so effortlessly was a wonder to Aquaria. "Sounds like they're keeping you busy." She commented with a measure of admiration. Eva certainly seemed to have been given a talent for multi tasking. 

She sighed lightly at the shell-adorned woman's question. "Oh, well. It has it's challenges. Never thought I'd be teaching a tiger to fish, but here we are. He's turned my world upside down in the best ways." And that was the long and short of it. Motherhood had taken her by surprise, and she had given it everything she had. Now it was only a matter of time to see if her all had been enough. 

With a resettling of her hips, the finned seamare lifted her head from the sedate pose she'd been keeping. There was another reason to be happy to see her leader, one she'd promised to inquire after not long ago. "I do have a more business-like matter to bring up. Over the winter I visited the mainland, and came across a mare from Loess. We spoke awhile." Here she paused, ears flicking uncomfortably. "She said she had visited here last year, and had an unpleasant encounter with a resident. One of the kelpies." 

It was perhaps a sensitive topic. Adria, dear to both of them, had a kelpie son, one of the sharp toothed denizens of the northern daughter isles. Still, he was not the one who came to mind when the pale mare thought of the conversation she had held with the shimmering Oceane. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 01-28-2020, 10:32 PM