• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    A serious expression faded over the sea mare’s purple profile. She listened meticulously to every detail that the pearl mare said as the story of the Loessian mare’s attack was told. Every detail of the terrible encounter was noted with importance and care. She had to consider all details of the story in order to proceed further if any sort of decision was to be made in the future.

When Aquaria finished telling the story she heard from the Loessian woman, Eva nods her head. Her purple ears flicker forward and then back, concerned for the mare that had just visited. It was easy to assume there might have been other visitors that had a similar encounter, but with no other stories being told, she can at least hope this is the first they are hearing of this.

“Terrible. So terrible!” She says shaking her head.

The detail of the encounter happening on the northern daughter isle did not settle well with the purple mare though. She knew the beachmaster of the island—a kelpie who seemed to have lived there well before she had called Ischia her home. However, she never personally knew the kelpie well enough despite how pleasant he seemed from a distance.

There is a kelpie that lives there. He is a beachmaster of the northern island.” Eva thinks for a moment, trying to recall his name. “I believe his name is Ivar,” she adds when it comes to her suddenly.

Aquaria then spoke again, mentioning the Loessian mare had accepted coming back during the summer season. Eva nods her head, although an unsettling feeling grows within her more. She certainly didn’t like this at all.

Oh, good!” She says with relief. “It will be good to meet this Loessian mare. I would like to get to the bottom of this. I don’t want anyone else to encounter such a nasty thing again.”

It could have ended worse. Even worse, it could have been many of the many children that lived on their tropical island. The purple nereid couldn’t imagine the outrage that could happen.

“Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I’m not sure where I’d be without you when it comes to such things.” A soft smile grows on her lips. The pearl mare naturally had made things easier for Eva since she became the Dame. After all this time, she finally realizes, it was the perfect time to speak to Aquaria about what she had been thinking about lately.

Her smile grows a little wider as she focuses back onto the fin-mare. “I have been meaning to speak to you about an important matter, Aquaria. You have always been so helpful when it comes to dealings within our home. I’ve always felt you been honest and straightforward as well.” She pauses for a moment, excitement glistening in her golden gaze now. “I would like to offer you the Advisor position, the second in command for our home. If anything were to happen to me, I want to make sure our home is in good hands, and I couldn’t think of anyone better than you, Aquaria.”

She pauses, waiting patiently to see if her foster-aunt will accept.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 06:42 PM