• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on a stormy sea of moving emotion; Lilli

Lilliana would have loved her - the @[Breckin] of old.

Her stories are as much a part of her as the golden flame on her right shoulder, as the heritage of her blue eyes. Some things might have been exaggerated. Truths might have blurred into falsehoods. Names and places get lost to the haze of time, an unfortunate (and mortal) casualty. (Why had the first Liliana run away with a diplomat? What had brought Starlet to the top of the world and kept her there? Why had Mae drifted to the beaches of Beqanna to die?) But there is always a reason a story starts and a reason why it keeps going. Why the generations that come after echo their own reiterations of it.

What comes after can become a truth all it's own.

The two mares trade philosophical answers in the fog and the irony of the moment isn’t missed Lilliana. It’s not often, however, that someone wants to wonder with her.

"Look too far ahead of you, you’ll trip over your present. Look too far behind you and you’ll miss it entirely.”

The smile that lines her dark mouth turns somewhat impish, "I doubt the present is any safer than the rest though.” The dark eyes of Breckin meet with Lilliana’s blue and the dreamer in her can’t help but agree. It would be something if grand designs could be parted in the fog, if the Fates and Gods revealed what they intended.

"How do you know it’s not a kindness?” she questions, tilting her head to the swirl of silver mist around them. "Sometimes, I think, the not knowing might be a kindness. What if the knowing is worse?” The thought dances across her blue eyes, twirling around them much like the fog does before she shakes her head. Just more things to bury.

"Well,” Lilliana teases, "you’ve certainly found it.” Taiga was as renowned for her fog as Nerine was for her angry cold. When the two lands met, especially in winter, there was nothing pleasant about the greeting. Lilli motions her head to one copper side of her, "If you’d like some Nerinian hospitality, your welcome to walk with me.” The grin on her face warms her delicate features, "now that you’ve found the damp and the cold.” There is something playful in her expression, a slight tilt of her head that says perhaps that might be preferable to what the pale woman has found. Two bodies together might make the winter brace more bearable against the windworn edges of Nerine.

It’s Breckin’ next question that makes her pause and consider what she asks. The chestnut bites her lower lip, emerging a flash of white before turning her gaze back at the spotted woman. "You know,” she muses, "I don’t know.” Sheepishly with her smile returning, Lilliana adds, "I’m too stubborn for my own good, sometimes. I think I’d keep looking for answers for as long as the Gods intended on hiding them.”

Turning her attention back to Roz, she asks: "Any particular reason the Winds blew you this far North?"

wow you got a novel and she is so chatty

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion; Lilli - by lilliana - 05-09-2020, 01:11 PM