• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Vita
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

The sky and the sea, that was what they were. They reflected one off the other where they met, even if their own depths might never be known. Fins and feathers. As much as Vita assured that she could never forget her or the island, Aquaria harbored quiet doubt. The pegasus mare was as dear a friend as a girl could ask for, but her feet hadn't touched Ischian sands in... Well, the sea mare wasn't sure how long it had been. 

Still, she smiled and enjoyed the moment. Maybe it was the rarity that made the day glow with unusual brightness. She let her body ease against the warm sand as she nodded to Vita's question. "She's lovely. Adria's foster daughter. We're about the same age, she and I." Her fins fluttered in a light breeze as she spoke, the sun warm on her back. A bubble of laughter echoed Vita's own when she responded so enthusiastically to the idea of the fin mare's children. 

It was a bit of a surprise, even to herself. "Mother". She was a mother. With a bewildered smile, her head bobbed. "Yes, yes, I think they'd enjoy that!" She agreed, looking toward the deeper reaches of the island. The island was her children's playground, an exotic wilderness that they could explore without fear. A gift to them and to her. "Halcyon, and Cormorant. And yes, we live here still. As beautiful as the mainland can be, I still couldn't imagine raising my boys anywhere else." 

Home was home. Her shoulders raised in a soft shrug. "Anyway, that's enough about me. How are you? What adventures have your travels brought you?" The winged woman had surely seen things in her time wandering, and Aquaria loved good stories.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Vita - by Aquaria - 02-28-2020, 12:46 PM