• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And now, I fall: Any!
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Eva appreciates another beautiful day that comes to her tropical home. The spring weather was beginning to be a very welcoming addition she looked forward to each morning. Winter was far behind them now. The milder weather was not the purple mare’s favorite time of year. She preferred hotter weather, especially when the tropical island’s temperatures rise during the summertime. However, every day was a beautiful day in Ischia regardless.

The morning had been filled with various activities. Eva had spent a far amount of her mornings now attending to her latest twin children and then handing them off to be looked after to either Velkan or Loire. Today Loire decided to look after the twins. The nereid mare found it nice to have so many children now, especially when it came to look after the younger ones when she had other things to attend to.

Being the guardian of the tropical island wasn’t always so glamorous as some might think. Eva didn’t spend every single moment basking on the beach and enjoying the sunshine every day. There were many things she had to look after, and certainly thinking about the future of Ischia had occupied her mind lately. Since she didn’t carry a foal this year, she was able to focus more on her duties as the Dame.

By the afternoon, Eva found herself moving towards the outer edges of the island. She had been occupied about the unpleasant event that the Loessian mare had faced when visiting. The sea mare understood some of their watery residents were predators but keeping an eye on things had become utmost important to her. With more visitors likely to come visit their tropical home now that the weather was nicer, Eva knew she had to take time ensure their island was secure for visitations.

Coming around the northern bend of the island, the amethyst nereid makes her way with ease across the white sand seashore. Her golden gaze flickers over to her left, looking towards the volcanic mountain within the Tephra territory. For a moment, her thoughts drift to her previous conversation with Ilma. Eva knew eventually she would need to meet with Isilya. However, her attention quickly drifts away from such thoughts as the body of water between their two lands rumbles frantically.

Stopping quickly in her tracks, Eva stares with wide golden eyes. She watches the earth come together, bridging the mainland to their tropical island. The sea mare scrabbles forward, full of curiosity but with deep concern, to get a better look as a dark figure makes it way across the bridge. As the bay stallion walks across, the earth bridge falls apart, sinking into the depths of the ocean and to never be seen again.

Her eyes, glued to the bay figure, follow him carefully as he makes his way onto the shore of her home. Purple ears flick forward and backwards, contemplating and frantically deciding what to do. Eva simply watches him for a moment. She glances to him and then to the bridge that was once there, connecting Tephra and Ischia, and then back to the figure.

The bay moves towards the jungle, she takes several steps toward him, quickly feeling alarmed to warn and protect the other residents. However, the bay settles near the jungle, and she waits to see if he does anything else.

He does nothing, and so the sea woman makes her way to him cautiously. However, a curious and welcoming smile come naturally to her purple features. Eva couldn’t help but be amazed by what she just saw there, but at the same time she hoped he was more friendly than someone here to create destruction.

“Hello!” Her voice rings out like a sweet siren song as she closes the remaining distance between them. The sea mare overlooks the bay stallion, trying to figure out what sort of magical abilities would allow him to make such an amazing structure. “I couldn’t help but admire your grand entrance to our tropical island.” An amused expression takes over her previously warm smile. “I’m Eva, the guardian of Ischia. What is your name?” She asks with a slight tilt of her head, curiously waiting to learn more about the stranger that has come to her home.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aziz]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    And now, I fall: Any! - by Aziz - 01-22-2020, 06:37 PM
    RE: And now, I fall: Any! - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: And now, I fall: Any! - by Aziz - 02-25-2020, 05:32 AM
    RE: And now, I fall: Any! - by Eva - 03-27-2020, 06:44 PM