• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Rain grey towns; Brine, Any

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

she’s almost sad that the unbroken blue of the sky above is suddenly interrupted by the underside of @[Brine]’s head. Eyas blinked and waited, expectantly quiet and thoughtful as a roadkill animal should be until the grating comfort of @[Neverwhere]’s recognizable voice overtook Brine’s much more gentle question. The tattered, buckskin pegasus laughed hysterically for a beat and, groaning, took painful efforts to raise her head and roll up off the ground. She got as far as dragging her forefeet up to steady her drunken swaying and stopped there. “Yes I’m fine, thank you-” Eyas swung her head over and stared back into Brine’s inquisitive gaze with black, sparkling eyes. “-for your concern. Queen Neverwhere...” she said bitingly.

Queen Neverwhere, she thought and let the phrase go hanging. She wanted to say more but the fight in her was past exhaustion, and what she had left to say wouldn’t be worth saying if it didn’t have conviction or emotion behind it.

Instead Eyas visibly wilted and her chin felt heavier than normal. All at once she was reflected in their eyes, faced with the glaring truth of her disgusting exterior as they could see it. They must be enjoying it, she thought harshly and her head sank lower to the ground, weighed down by their stares. Heartfire’s great descendant, filthy and unkempt at their doorstep. Too little too late, and reminded immediately that there was no Heartfire here for her, didn’t she see?

Her jaw clenched. Eyas shut her eyes and tried to keep her head from spinning, but the shadow she cast seemed to deepen even in the midday light. “There’s no need.” She muttered darkly to Brine and her instructor, cutting off the chance for a reply. “My habits are preferable to company. Excuse the offense, Brine.” She exhaled and looked up to wink at the speckled mare. Still alive, just not looking the part. “I can’t stay long is what I mean. But I’d hoped to rest a while, in any case.” And she slumped over again, leaving one wing splayed out and bent awkwardly away from her head.

“Wolfbane’s still out there, don’t you know?” She asked rhetorically of Never, listening for the silver dapple’s movement and enjoying the softness of the ground. Her smirk faded. Did you see? The Nerinian had asked. She saw everything, especially how Lilliana looked through her father’s eyes… “Solve your own puzzle.” She laughed weakly this time, soothed by the warmth of the earth and the rich smell of grass. If there was a reply it went unheard. From one second to the next she was gone. Eyas passed into a deep sleep, comforted on the way down by the knowledge that her heavy, inept carcass would be a silent irritant for at least a little while.

Even if Neverwhere left her where she lay out of spite.

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Brine, Any - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 07:41 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Brine, Any - by Brine - 02-19-2020, 02:23 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Brine, Any - by Neverwhere - 03-03-2020, 10:13 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Brine, Any - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 10:19 PM