• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Gale

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

yes, she thinks sadly as @[Gale] shows her a more recent vision, the nightmare is real. There’s a monster out there, masquerading as a stallion who they both loved once upon a time. He’s hurting innocent people, forcing them to watch the undeniable, unforgivable acts through his twisted vision of happiness. Eyas would never forgive herself if she didn’t do something - anything - to put a stop to it. If Wolfbane could be stopped at all, that is. She hated to think of how things would change afterward, knowing she aided in the death of a once-beloved family member… But Eyas could hardly sleep peacefully while Wolfbane was out there, doing such horrible things.

He must be stopped. And soon.

The silence of Eyas’s thoughts blended nicely with the faint, pleasant rhythm of her twin’s breathing. Gale seemed contemplative too, about what Eyas couldn’t guess. Until she felt him pull away, and the cold left behind in the wake of his warm touch felt uncomfortable on Eyas’s sooty gold coat. Her face crumpled a little; what? she eyed Gale speculatively, even more uncomfortable now that he seemed to be struggling, what is it?

He had a what? An Erne?

Immediately, Eyas’s thoughts leapt to wild conclusions. As her brother stood, waiting, she could feel her pulse quicken and a clammy sort of anxiety begin to creep into her limbs. They’d been apart so long… she couldn’t have guessed, but… Gale was an adult, after all.
    Eyas steeled herself, completely expecting another horse to join them (more specifically, a younger horse - one that perhaps resembled Blue and a mysterious, unknown “other”) but felt even more confusion as a second or two ticked by and her twin seemed unchanged, just staring at the cross-hatch bark of a nearby palm tree.

Eyas was just beginning to reconsider her stance on the whole, “Gale was fine all alone on an island” thing when the faintest of movements from the tree trunk caught her attention. She focused intently on the same spot Gale was looking at, now; true curiosity replaced the earlier apprehension of her sharp, black-lined facial features - what was that?
    It waddled closer. “Wow!” Eyas breathed, looking up from where the creature’s intelligent eyes appraised her to where Gale was hurrying through an explanation.

She’d heard of a thing like this before. True animals from the wild forming a bond (which is exactly what Gale had said, almost lovingly) with their kind, whatever Beqannian’s were. Eyas had a few theories of her own, but those were for another conversation. She’d returned to gaping over Erne, anyways - lowering her dark nose as near as he’d let her so that Eyas could satisfy her nerdy side. It was so, so cool! A second pair of eyes to do the leg work! She could feel herself remembering the trip from Nerine down here with an almost pained look on her face.

“I think those’re some of the best ideas I’ve heard all day, baby brother.” Eyas laughed into Gale’s cheek when he pressed closer to her, a reminder of everything that had magically come true for her today. Eyas wished he’d keep reminding her, over and over. “Let’s go - all of us.” She hadn’t forgotten Erne, and the bird got a grateful wink that sparkled like a black gem.

And in that moment - just for a moment - the world was perfect for Eyas again.

EYAS

ooc: the end?
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 09:32 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 01-24-2020, 07:49 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-06-2020, 09:55 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 11:01 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-11-2020, 08:27 AM