• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

mmmhm, she smiled. Just like Look-see. Why had she struggled to explain? It was obvious Catcher was clever in more ways than one. Her spiral-horned friend accepted, in an instant, what Eyas considered too obtuse to say outright. Without a blink or a moment to consider it all, the truth was taken in a single dose. Afterward, the weight of all her unspoken secrets left Eyas’s conscious just as quickly; she felt physically buoyant, now that one person aside from her twin knew the exact definition of her gift. A gift Heartfire had given her, and one that tormented her. A gift whose burden now seemed equally shared and respected by the present company. For the first time in many, many years, Eyas felt herself placing that rare, fragile bud of trust into the welcoming soil of Catcher’s own heart, and it rooted there.

She felt breathless as the scenery around them changed, and the giddy smile drawn over her black lips related that her happiness in this instant was infinitely boundless. Together they lived their first moments of friendship over again. Together they watched it fade away into the present reflection of that friendship - something stronger, wholly unexpected but fully welcomed by Eyas. The crippling feeling of loneliness wouldn’t haunt her anymore.

Catcher could ask her anything, and Eyas feared she’d answer it without delay. She could lean into the buckskin mare and not fear rejection, because Eyas wanted that same closeness as well. She actually shifted her wing up a bit, allowing a hollow pocket of space to open up where Catcher could fit comfortably into her side, and leaned her suddenly heavy forehead into the tangle of Catcher’s cosmic mane, sighing contentedly. The weight of the mare beside her reminded Eyas that this dream was more like reality than anything, and she wished (more than ever) that it could continue on like this always.

Reading her unspoken thoughts, the graying unicorn spoke up. “Oh it is, and I’m glad I haven’t spooked you.” The little pegasus eagerly replied when she was able, not yet reading the room or the unspoken question in the silence soon after her friend fell quiet again. She only lifted her head to rub her cheek gratefully into Catcher’s nose, satisfied as any cat could be when they'd found a particularly warm ray of sunshine. But when the hesitant question did come at last, Eyas hardly expected it.

Her small, fluttering heart clenched with despair.

“Oh…” Was all she could manage at first, though Eyas did her best to mask any extreme look of displeasure from coloring her golden face. She fought for control and, after a second or two, found it. “Catcher,” The sight-seer spok her name no higher than a whisper, reverently, “I had no idea you felt like this.”

Eyas did her best to think and stay focused. It wasn’t that the idea of it upset her - quite the opposite - it was just that… well, “Right now, I’m not sure that we can.” Her throat tightened at having to give such an immediate refusal. As if she could possibly make up for it, Eyas did her best to smile. “As soon as I wake up I need to be on my way again, and I won’t stop until I’ve gotten a hold of Wolfbane and brought him to justice. There’s… a lot of family issues I need to work out first, before I’m free enough to explore my own wants and needs.” She managed to laugh just a little. “And I do want to try. Very, very much. But I won’t risk losing someone else I care about - I wouldn’t dream of putting you in harm’s way.” Eyas told her dearest friend.

Her expression had turned despite her attempts at keeping a neutral stance. The glint in her black eyes hardened from determination and her mouth set itself into a reserved line. To some it might appear prideful, but to Catcher she hoped it appeared as what it was: an expression of earnest love, of the deepest kind of commitment. She’d lost Gale, now Heartfire. How could she go on without the dreamweaver? Impossible.
    She gave the silvering mare a moment or two to think and reply on her own, then Eyas asked, “Can you wait for me until then?”

EYAS

@[Catcher] ugh just take her poor little heart already <3
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM