• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

catcher’s dream coat had been a beautiful thing. Woven from stars and the galaxy itself, forming dancing constellations Eyas could’ve stared at endlessly for hours. Her dark eyes would have drank in the splendor of the universe all night long, and Eyas would have happily commented time and time again on the loveliness, but when her friend slid off the cloak and returned to the granite gray-and-white (still peppered with a bit of bright red here and there) she'd normally been, Eyas felt herself sighing aloud.

Yes, the wonder of time and space was a costume fit for an empress - but plain Catcher was the filly who Eyas had fallen into friendship with, and plain Catcher was the same mare who was making her fall even deeper. Eyas loved every inch of her mottled skin just as it was intended to be. No dream could possibly take away that truth.

The buckskin mare felt so lucky to know her at all. Now she was offered something precious from the other horse, and despite Eyas’s stupid reasoning Catcher was still giving her more. More space. More time. More trust. Could I do the same if the situation was reversed? The pegasus wondered, feeling a moment’s worth of selfish rejection at the role-reversal. Could she agree to leave Catcher to her own problems, if the unicorn asked it of her?

For now, the answer was an uncertain one. All the more reason to wait and be sure of these feelings. Eyas thought, re-adjusting her wing as the overo mare separated herself from the warm embrace. When they met again Eyas would know for certain if she could give everything in her willpower toward something so fragile and precious as true love. The concept scared her, admittedly, because she hardly knew who she was without this life-long goal of bringing Wolfbane down, but it also exhilarated her to know she had something - no, someone - to look forward to once her purpose had been completed.

She could hardly expect the moment to turn serious even when it did, so she smirked at Catcher when the other horse grew hesitant. Some things I should know, huh? She grinned mischievously, her black eyes sparkling with the idea that Catcher - sweet, doting, always-caring Catcher - was preparing to unleash a dark secret. Did she accidentally step on a butterfly once? Eyas guessed to herself, biting her tongue to keep from laughing aloud at the stony expression on her friend’s long face.

The truth, as it turned out, was a bit more serious but not alarming... at first. Catcher told her that inside of her lived something else, another spirit bound to her own that brought out unusual urges and sometimes made her fear herself, which Eyas could understand. Beqanna had plenty of single-animal shapeshifters; that her newfound crush was one of them (and a predator at that!) made very little difference to Eyas. Compared to things she’d seen? Eh… watching her unicorn gal-pal swallow another creature might actually be entertaining.

Really, the only time that her confident grin stuttered and dropped from her mouth was when Catcher mentioned that along with visiting the living, she could also visit the dead in her dreams. That was the rug pulled out from under Eyas’s hooves, and her smallish head rose with the quick, forward flick of her ears.
    “Hot damn, you’ve been holding out on me.” Her astonishment brought her voice up a pitch or two. “This is a lot to process all at once... but don’t worry. I won’t let the big, bad wolf get me. Not when I have someone like you watching over me.” Eyas shook her head in disbelief. She chortled and gathered her thoughts together.

“No, you haven’t. Don’t go saying that or then it’ll be true.” She lowered her voice again, this time having the sensibility to read her companion’s emotions as they were literally reflected in the imagined world around them. Planets hanging in the sky slowed their dizzying rotations, spinning their rings and moons a bit more carefully from the tension. “Snake-lady, Dreamweaver… whatever you are, I clearly like it. And if you think you might be losing control, then don’t worry. I’ll come and make things right. I won’t abandon you in the woods of your fear.” She promised, boldly stretching out her dappled gold neck to plant a firm kiss on Catcher’s spotted shoulder.

“We all have our own darkness inside. I do too, even without my second sight. A while ago I met with a magician named Set and he showed me my own soul.” Eyas withdrew, mirroring that same tension from earlier, “There’s something, some part of me, that can physically possess another horse. I’ve tried it before…” Eyas admitted with a twinge of shame at the memory. She’d taken another living, breathing creature’s will away from them. “I liked it: the power, the control. All of it. And that scared me bad.”

Since they were in the strange habit of sharing secrets, Eyas figured she might as well share hers, too. If Catcher felt it was necessary that her inner demons be barenaked in order for them to progress into something deeper than friendship, then Eyas would let her know exactly who it was she was dealing with. What was it that ‘Tana had called her? “I’m literally a witch.” The admission exposed itself in the form of a bitter laugh.

EYAS

@[Catcher] Oh I'm sorry, were you under the impression that this thread was ending? Because I wasn't, ha ha ha.
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 05-11-2020, 10:36 PM