• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Larva;
    ”I hoped you would say that,” because they are meant to be together, in both life and death. Dillan is incomplete without him, and she wonders how she existed before him. Her memory tries to recollect the pieces of her life she buried. Dempsey’s face just barely wavers in her vision, then Depp. There was joy, but also pain. It didn’t seem right with them, and she found herself forever craving her serpent husband.

Shaking herself, Dillan dismisses a life she once knew and replaces the memories of past into a locked chest where they belong. Admiringly, she peers up at Larva, her heart beating in her chest for the first time in a century, if not longer. It flutters with the heat of his body – a sensation she never realized how deeply she missed – and with the explanation of their son. ”I wonder if he was as happy to be rid of them as you,” she rhetorically asks, remembering how Larva perceived it a curse and never wanted his children to suffer the same. ”I would love to meet them all,” while she says this, Dillan’s nutmeg eyes stare out toward the jungle and then the towering volcano. ”I would expect no less of beautiful,” there’s a fierce confidence residing in the honeyed notes of her words. They, together, have created stunning children, and it would be impossible for their continued legacy to mirror that. With a teasing grin, she asks, ”Are they grays, too?” They’ve always been a family of grays, with one or two contrasted with chestnut.

There arises a lump of emotion, however. It chokes her for a moment as she stares distantly toward an unreachable horizon. A pause is all she can muster while she desperately seeks to suppress it, unwilling to show her vulnerability so soon to him after having just reunited. Her heart aches and her jaw clenches until she is able to swallow past the lump. ”Our legacy rests only on his shoulders, it seems. All of our other children are no longer around,” Shiya was the most recent to join them in the eternal, but they left her behind in order to return to the world of the living. Despair is still alive, as is Skaide. They have their own offspring, but Dillan is oblivious and speaks not of them, turning her attention back to Larva with a feeble smile across her lips.

His confession revives her inner joy, and she nods in agreement. ”I love it here,” she admits, but doesn’t say that the only reason why is because of him. Wherever Larva is, she is home, even if it takes them back into death’s gates one day. ”I want to be close to them all, too. I want to see the lives we helped create, and to meet the woman that stole Vulgaris’ heart,” because she at least isn’t his sibling.

@[Larva]

Messages In This Thread
    Larva; - by Dillan - 01-23-2020, 10:11 AM
    RE: Larva; - by Larva - 01-23-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: Larva; - by Dillan - 01-23-2020, 04:38 PM
    RE: Larva; - by Larva - 01-24-2020, 01:54 PM
    RE: Larva; - by Dillan - 02-07-2020, 10:00 AM