• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the lines of fear and blame
    Something had changed in Blue. He smiles now when he talks about the loss of his memory, and the family he supposedly had. It had not been like this before Divest remembers. Blue had at first seemed reluctant to speak about the matter when they had first met. Divest might have been much younger and naïve back then, but she knew how it felt to be left by your supposed family.

Everything was okay now though. She was content with where she was now. Blue even seemed to feel more happier about his own situation. Divest still could not imagine what it would be like to lose her memories or only have bits and pieces of her life. It was too chaotic, and she wasn’t even sure how Blue had handled it all this time. Perhaps that is why she feels admiration for the brindle stallion—after all he has been through, he still wears a smile.

Her silver eyes beam with delight when he tells her that she might be able to help. The pastel mare had wanted to help Blue since she first heard about his problem. If she could do anything, just a little bit, then she felt it could make all the difference for him.

“I do hope you find out more,” she says with a sincere tone. If you don’t then you can always be my family, she thinks without saying as it might be too forward to say now.

With a nod of her head, her smile fades just a little into a content expression. “I don’t really know my family well. My mother, Mary, says that most of my family is spread out all over Beqanna after her and my dad called Sinner lost their leadership positions. I never met him before. She came to bring me here to have a safe place to grow up. I guess she has known Ruinam for a long time. I sort of consider him to be my uncle.” She pauses for a moment, remembering that she had been left in the care of Ruinam. Her mother had visited less and less over the months after she was weaned. “My mother started to go to Loess. I guess she has friends there and then she stopped coming around until she came back to give birth to my sister. I don’t even know if she’s around anymore. Even my sister seemed to disappear too.” She laughs softly at it all now. It seemed extremely sad to tell, but she finds herself no longer feeling that way anymore.

“It’s alright though.” There is no sense of doubt in her next words. “I found my silver lining right here in the Resort.” She glances away from the winged brindle for a moment, looking towards the beauty of her home. It was all she needed—at least for now until she decided she wanted more. Letting out a sigh of contentment, Divest meets Blue’s gaze once more. “I hope you find your silver lining soon.” Blue deserved it; she knew he would find it.

@[Gale]
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-23-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-27-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Divest - 02-18-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-19-2020, 08:48 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 03-05-2020, 08:38 AM