• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  happy mother's day
    she fell for the idea of him
    and ideas were a dangerous thing to love
    She doesn’t really expect Ripley to stay, at least not for long. She knows that there is little to her now beyond all the basic instincts, and eventually she would either grow uninterested in the glowing angel in front of her, or, most likely, she would get hungry. Ryatah wasn’t really interested in becoming her next meal, even if there was a foolish, trusting part of her heart that liked to think Ripley wouldn’t come after her. But as was her nature, she didn’t want to be the first one to leave. Even if she could not comprehend it, she did not want Ripley to ever see her turn her back and disappear; she didn’t want her to ever think, even for a moment, that leaving her behind had ever been her choice.

When Ripley turns to go, though, there is something in the way she looks back at her, and the strange, almost crooning clicks that leaves her standing in confusion.

She lingers in the area, though she isn’t sure why. She gets her answer soon enough when the trees and brush rustle with the movements of Ripley’s return, and for a moment all Ryatah can do is stare at the bloody leg that is so clearly being presented to her. “Oh,” she says softly, making sure to keep the grimace from her face when she lowers her head to inspect it. “This is….very nice. I think I’m going to save it for later, though.” Watching her daughter cautiously, and hoping that not immediately consuming the deer leg isn’t somehow an insult, she raises her head to better look at her once more. She knows the act was done out of a strange sort of kindness; maybe not in a way that she could understand, but, the fact that there was even a small part of Ripley that saw her as family and not prey made her heart feel like it was breaking in two.

When the alien creature suddenly swings her head back towards Pangea, as though she is hearing something that Ryatah can’t, there is a sad, knowing smile that crosses her face. “Ana must want you back,” she says softly, and suddenly overcome with bravery, she steps forward. She touches her nose to her armored face, her dark eyes searching the endless black of her own when she says, “I’ll be here, in Hyaline. You can find me whenever you want. You don’t even have to bring deer legs, I promise Atrox doesn’t let me starve.”
    ryatah

You don't have to reply since we talked about closing <3

Messages In This Thread
    happy mother's day - by Ripley - 01-26-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: happy mother's day - by Ryatah - 01-28-2020, 02:10 PM
    RE: happy mother's day - by Ripley - 02-02-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: happy mother's day - by Ryatah - 02-23-2020, 12:47 AM
    RE: happy mother's day - by Ripley - 03-28-2020, 09:30 PM
    RE: happy mother's day - by Ryatah - 04-26-2020, 04:24 PM