• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

upon the gallow's beam; squirt
    In spite of her relatively icey facade, Breckin’s chill is welcomely warmed a degree when the armored woman laughs, enough so, that when she answers with anAlmost always, the weathered mare answers with a faint laugh of her own.  It’s a strange feeling, one that almost felt foreign on the back of her throat, more like a cough - but all the same, she enjoys the brief moment of lightheartedness for what it was - simple and pure.

“Fiorina,” she says, attempting to commit the name and face to an already fragmented and fraying memory.  Though this time - for the first time in a while - she was rather confident that she’d have a hard time forgetting someone like her for the foreseeable years to come.

Settling into a hovering at ease position, she regarded Fio thoughtfully, balancing just how much information she dared to divulge to a relative stranger.  It couldn’t hurt to share the truth in this instance, even though it might sound like a speculative fabrication.  But in reality, for all she knew and didn’t know, she was basing many things off of feelings and intuition, so for all intents and purposes, it truly was just plain old speculation.

“Would you believe me if I told you I don’t know?” she smiles again, sadder than before, and not quite enough to reach her dark eyes like it had a few moments ago.  “I think it’s more an issue of misplaced irritability.  I’ve got nothing against magic.  I’ve just been feeling...misplaced as a whole in general.  Have you ever felt like that?”

Unwilling to dawdle much longer on her rather poor state of being right now, she backpedals to something that was in her opinion, much more intriguing.  “You said you were from Pangea?  I’ve never been.  Sounds like it might be worth a visit though.  I certainly could use a distraction.”  Resetting her position to fully alert, she takes a bold step closer towards the shadow cast woman,  unable to bite back her trademark curiosity, “I hope this doesn’t come across as rude, but I can’t help but wonder, were you born this way?  Or did you become beautifully deadly over time?”

@[Fiorina]

Messages In This Thread
    upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Breckin - 01-28-2020, 09:28 AM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Fiorina - 02-02-2020, 04:33 PM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Breckin - 02-27-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Fiorina - 03-09-2020, 03:26 PM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Breckin - 04-30-2020, 10:24 AM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Fiorina - 05-06-2020, 09:32 PM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Breckin - 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM
    RE: upon the gallow's beam; squirt - by Fiorina - 05-30-2020, 03:34 PM