• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but now i'm coming home, sochi

risk
    Risk had nearly drowned in the confusion and the hurt that came with his resurrection. He had picked it all apart a hundred times as though some new clue would help it all make sense and stop the ache. He wonders if he had the same look of rage and hurt in his eyes as Sochi does now but he doesn’t mention any of this aloud. She wouldn’t want him to waste his breath on musings that do nothing to salve her mood.

If she sank her teeth into his throat and reopened all those old wounds, he would probably find it in himself to forgive her. But instead she speaks and her words summon a strange laugh from the depths of his chest. Of course he had an inkling that perhaps she would not share her woes with him as easily as he confided in her, but he supposed he should offer anyway. What sort of friend wouldn’t at least ask? If they are friends, that is. He sheds the elk form in favor of his own – the broad black chest with copper lines marbling his torso. For a flickering moment, he keeps the antlers. They make him look rather handsome, he thinks.

No, you don’t strike me that way at all. You like to remain mysterious, and that’s half of why I like you,” he admits with a softer laugh than before. He does not confess the other reasons he enjoys her company. Those are his own secrets to keep tucked away until the end of time. Risk takes the first step on their little journey to who knows where as he considers her words.

Well I’ve got nothing but time, so we’ll see if we can fit a little death into our day,” he offers with a shrug to mimic her own. His smile is warm and sincere, lacking the nerves he usually held around her. He even lets his shoulder bump into hers. Risk is normally frugal with his affections but he finds it easy to be forthcoming when she’s clearly having a dismal time. “I’m thinking of going home to Hyaline. I’ve spent nearly a year wandering, now. You could come too, if you wanted?

He keeps his eyes focused on the path ahead and his expression gives no sign of his emotions behind the offer.
    @[sochi] wow they touched shoulders. that's like making out if you're in middle school.

Messages In This Thread
    but now i'm coming home, sochi - by Risk - 01-29-2020, 06:53 PM
    RE: but now i'm coming home, sochi - by sochi - 02-08-2020, 04:18 PM
    RE: but now i'm coming home, sochi - by Risk - 02-26-2020, 03:51 PM
    RE: but now i'm coming home, sochi - by sochi - 03-18-2020, 12:33 AM