• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  I have never been nothing; jesper, any
    Dracarys returns her smile with a soft one of her own and, almost immediately, the slight tension in her jaw eases. The mint-spotted mare settles into her position before the blue and white newcomer and, the ice-dragon male. Her left hind hoof tilts so that its toe digs into the slightly thawed soil. Velvet-lined lobes catch the blue lady's Thank you and then, both of their gazes shift to Leilan. He offers two comments. The first is directed at the older mare and, the second at her.

Before she can reply, Dracarys introduces herself. Loess? This is the first visit from another kingdom, ponders Jesla. Dad had mentioned that it is proper diplomacy to visit other kingdoms from time-to-time or, during leadership changes. She wonders if a change of reins is the reason for the she-dragon's visit though, she would hold off just yet. Besides, Leilan has it under control. He name-drops 'Cas', his use of a nickname and his tone are warm with familiarity. (Unless of course the nickname is derogatory in someway.) And yet, Leilan's words are icy cold with distrust.

Her father had mentioned that Castile rules the Southern kingdom and so, Jesla put two-and-two together. The mint-spotted maiden studies the exchange between the two dragons with curiosity. Leilan is so crass but effective. Dracarys certainly speaks with an eloquently trained tongue and, mannerisms to match. She may not be as subtle as Jesla's sire but, she credits his vulpine traits. Actions speak louder than words, her mother would say. At this point, there is a pause long enough for her to interject.

Jesla addresses the mare first, as she is a guest whereas Leilan never really left. "There is only one Icicle Isle and, I have no doubt, now that you are here, you know you have made it. There is certainly no mistaking another land for this one." Jesla speaks in a light-hearted tone and, offers a soft chuckle here. The mint-spotted blanket appaloosa addresses the frosted male dragon next. "I cannot thank you enough for getting me out of my parents' hair. Really, Leilan, you are a life-saver. And, you have a real talent in architecture."

Switching gears, Jesla asks the blue roan, in a more somber tone than before, "Tell me, Dracarys, what are your objectives on this friendly visit? As Leilan suggests, we are happy to show you around. The northern lights will certainly make your trip worthwhile. I would love to spend more time with you. I would love to learn more about Loess, actually. I have never been to the mainland though, my father has told me stories." Jesla most definitely is Jesper's daughter: loquacious to a fault, polite and proper though, ever curious and, never afraid to ask questions. Bronze-tipped lobes seem to be stuck facing forward as they focus on the she-dragon and await her response with the utmost curiosity. Would the winged mare be forthcoming? Or, would she play coy?

@[Leilan] @[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; jesper, any - by Jesla - 03-04-2020, 09:50 PM