• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a house; Oceane

O C E A N E

"Leilan," her mind registers the ice-encrusted stallion, and while the slightest bit of warmth seeps into the way she says his name, there is no polite smile offered or friendly glint in her amber eyes when he comes into view. She had grown fond of the self-proclaimed nomad after she had happened upon him in the Forest after her interactions with Ivar, had even thought to track him down and visit him in whichever territory he had decided to call home most recently, but after Alcinder's disappearance there was absolutely nothing else on the woman's mind except finding her son, "What brings you to Loess today?"

She asks more as a formality than anything else ─ it's a grasp at straws of normalcy, and it falls flat. He will know by her tone that she's only asking because she feels she needs to, not because she is truly curious. How can she be, when her newborn is somewhere lost ─ stolen ─ in Beqanna when he should be at her side? It's been weeks since she had seen his beautiful blue and white face, since she had heard his laughter in their canyon den, and her demons have begun to tiptoe up her spine to whisper nightmares in her ears.

Tortured, for her own indiscretion.
    Dead, just like her first two.

A shaky breath falls from her lips and she turns her gaze away from Leilan, not quite sure what to say but not ready to leave him at the border alone. Not ready to be alone, when it's the solitude tells her that her beautiful Alcinder will never come back to her.

@[Leilan]
    " "

n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-04-2020, 02:52 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-05-2020, 04:26 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-06-2020, 01:12 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-10-2020, 02:15 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-11-2020, 04:07 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-17-2020, 09:31 AM