• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | elio
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    "Two of them’d better be lost feathers" she tells him without hesitation, the banter both familiar and reassuring.

“Of course I have,” Lepis responds in a matter-of-fact sort of way, having never considered the possibility that she would be anything less than an ideal parent. Though she is certainly narcissistic, it has rarely impeded her ability to mother her children. (There’d been the one mistake, when she’d not thoroughly vetted that feral throwback Pteron had fallen for, but the boy seems to have recovered fairly well. He’s eating again, anyway, even if he never stops for long on his search.) Overall, Lepis is quite sure she’s been the best parent, much as she is the best at everything she attempts.

It is a pity that she has made some less than perfect decisions in the past, but it is quite easy to pretend those had never happened. Lepis no longer associates with anyone willing to question her decisions, and while she had expected an immense satisfaction from that upon ruling once more, the emotion had been remarkable underwhelming. She is, however, quite satisfied with the fire-haired youth in front of her, as well as with the effort she has put in to making him so. She smiles at him fondly when he looks up from where he’s lowered his head for her to reach.

"I love you too, Lio. You be safe." And with a smile and a soft nudge to his shoulder (why are all her boys so tall?), she sends him on his way.
    n | l

@[elio]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 02-04-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 02-23-2020, 12:44 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 07:56 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 03-03-2020, 08:50 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 04-11-2020, 11:21 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 04-12-2020, 09:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 04-19-2020, 02:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 04-22-2020, 01:14 PM