• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  now our livingroom set is ruined!

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He kisses her and she can feel her chest tighten, because behind the sweet touch she can feel that he is distracted, and still upset. They have always been polar opposites, the two of them; where she was cold and quick to condemn anyone for the most miniscule of reasons, Ophanim had always been far kinder than she could ever dream of being. Even when she had been younger and far courser, she had been able to recognize that he was better than her in every aspect imaginable. She was still combing her mind and working on a calculation that would lead to Ghaul being dead, while Ophanim was fighting his own demons. Anything that caused him pain – such as now – was enough to spark fire in her veins, but she fights to quell it.

He didn’t need her anger right now, even though that side of her was always easier to give.

He needed that quiet side of her, the side that he coaxed out the best, and so she tables any ideas of revenge — for now. She could kill Ghaul a different day, she decides. All that mattered right now was Ophanim.

She melts against him when his wing pulls her closer, and when she sighs into his neck she feels the last threads of her fury finally fade away. He had always been the anchor that kept her from drifting into a sea of chaos, and though his own heart still felt troubled and sorrowful in her ribcage, hers was settled and almost content inside of his. Almost, because she can never be truly happy when he is not.

Following his gaze with her own when he speaks, she frowns, staring at blood on the ground before saying thoughtfully, “Because it’s similar to how your mother died. But…” She trails off, idly tracing her lips against his shoulder as she tries to recall the events of that day. “We never did figure out who did it, did we?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-05-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by Starsin - 02-26-2020, 03:05 AM