• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a compass you’d be north
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Lands visited, homes inspected - and yet there was still the north. It had been the only place he’d ever truly called home, the place where he belonged - and then things had happened there, and things had led to apathy, and then the other things… those he didn’t want to think about… they’d kept him away.

By now, he’s decided not to let those things ruin his feelings towards it. Hyaline is not the same without Kensa, and though there are no hard feelings against the new ruler, he just doesn’t feel like making it his home again either. Just as there is hesitation in him in if he should stay on the Isle while Jesper rules it, he hadn’t wanted to stay in Nerine with Heartfire, nor did he feel particularly attracted to living next door to Castile - or next door to Icicle Isle, and always returning there like an iron needle to a strong magnet.

So perhaps he should just stick to the magnet anyway. After all, Beryl didn’t exactly leave the place either.

And so he travels north. His body obeys him when he calls upon it for dragon wings; large, icy-white appendages that carry him through the sky. He feels strong and wonders if he should attempt a full shift - no, not yet. Passing Taiga swiftly, he already notices that he doesn’t know how to land very well, and he stumbles a bit when he lands on the southern Nerine meadow, black claws automatically catching the shock that his horse legs might not have sustained.

With a quick shake he’s back to himself / this little experiment has to wait a moment longer. Somewhere safe. Somewhere someone can keep an eye on him.

Like a home.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Neverwhere] boo
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    If my heart was a compass you’d be north - by Leilan - 02-06-2020, 02:57 AM