• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The needle moves gracefully; Atrox, any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Hyaline. The mountainous kingdom had sheltered him once, until his ambition to be something, or rather be something else or whole, had brought him a quest that took him away. Kensa had been fine with it; but before the year was over, his promise to return to remain her lieutenant was forfeit.

It left him wandering and homeless once more, though he must admit he mostly avoided the place because of the mare he’d drowned and hidden in a cave, sealed with ice and rock to prevent vermin from eating her; and hopefully just about weak enough for her to be able to bust out should he not be around when she woke.

In fact he wanted to be nowhere near her when she woke.

But duty calls, somewhat. His daughter was still out there, even though she could take care of herself very well. At the very least he should see if she had done that, indeed.

With a deep breath, the ice-scaled stallion steps up to the border, then hesitates - should he even call? He could pretend it was still home - but then he figures since he’s not inclined to stay longer than necessary, he might as well.

He announces his presence confidently, then idly walks along the border, wondering who he’ll find. After all, a name is all he got.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Atrox] just here for a chat and seeing where it goes
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    The needle moves gracefully; Atrox, any - by Leilan - 02-06-2020, 03:05 AM