• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're a room without a key, a field without a fence.
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    His roar echoes across the canyons and into every nook of Pangea. For once, he is furious beyond measure. Every step is a labor of Perseus as he stumbles over the border into his home. He sinks his talons into the loose dirt to steady himself but it doesn’t take long for his heavy body to collapse beneath the weight of his exhaustion. Dried blood coats his scales and the world is spinning too fast for him to continue any further. A sad, lonesome croon leaves him as he fights to lift his head.

Clarissa.. My pyre..” he calls, his voice growing thinner by the second. A thick sort of dryness coats his mouth when he tries to swallow and he pulls his lips back in disgust at the feeling of it. His gums are near white and there is a long pause between each breath as though he may finally give out. But there is a burning in his heart, a flame that still scoffs at the idea of being extinguished just yet. There is still fight left in him to hold on until the angel finds him here.

I got greedy.

He coughs, sending a little cloud of dust up as he watches the outline of his love growing larger and more detailed. Even now, a smile finds his lips and he reaches a trembling talon for her. Ghaul’s claws open and close dumbly as though he cannot figure out how near or far she is from him now. The stump of his ruined wing flexes excitedly while the broken one manages to twitch as well. If he could see himself, he would ask to be put down like the dog he is.

Her love is strong enough to save him, though, even when he would ask her not to.
    @[clarissa]

Messages In This Thread
    you're a room without a key, a field without a fence. - by ghaul - 02-06-2020, 10:28 PM