• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what it is to burn; any
    staring at the ceiling in the dark
    same old empty feeling in your heart

A lifetime of flame, Lepis hears, but is hardly able to empathize. Her gifts were born with her as well, but none so bright and obvious as flames along her skin. The flames reflected in her blue-grey eyes dance merrily, but despite her clear interest in the fire she is able to give a reasonable answer when asked. “They won’t hurt, will they?” They don’t seem to hurt Lux, she reasons, and fire-maned Reia had borne Lepis a granddaughter so surely some magical flame is safe? The inexplicable urge to step closer to the light pulls at her, and though she raises one hoof as though to step forward, she manages to replace it before carrying out the action.

“Beqanna has always been with me,” the dun mare answers and the change in subject cause her blue grey eyes to visibly sharpen, and her wings shift slightly as though she rolls something away. Her voice is less dull when she continues, having finally looked away from the flame and back to the dark mare. Her head feels less warm this way, less buzzy. And effect of the flame, she wonders? Or something else? 

“I was born there, in Loess.” Her gesture is broad, her blue muzzle pointing first due west toward the Pampas, and then sweeping up to include the forest of Sylva, the hills of Loess, and even northern Taiga. A large land, her wordless gesture says, and a strong one.

“That’s where the fire-wielders I know live,” Lepis adds, “most of them are the family of our Dragon King, Castile.” Lepis’ blue grey eyes search Lux’ at this statement, knowing from Oceane that there are other realms with dragons, and wondering if perhaps Lux is from such a place. For a moment she hesitates before this last question, but Lepis finds herself wanting to look at the flams again, and adds: “Perhaps some distant relations? I would be happy to take you to meet them, even if the chance is slim.”

LEPIS
    staring at the bottom of your glass--
    hoping one day you’ll make a dream last

but dreams come slow and they go so fast

@[Lux]
    I realized halfway through I mixed up the order of the questions so just pretend Lepis and I were equally distracted by Lux’ “drawing moths to flame ability”  haha

Messages In This Thread
    what it is to burn; any - by Lux - 02-07-2020, 08:00 PM
    RE: what it is to burn; any - by Lepis - 02-13-2020, 08:37 AM
    RE: what it is to burn; any - by Lux - 02-19-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: what it is to burn; any - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 07:32 AM