• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  white flames
    she's the only one who knows what it is to burn.

Ana listens intently to the girl. Some of what Beyza reveals is unsurprising. Emotions wreaked havoc when mixed with magic. Some magicians were never able to separate the two. But it’s what she’d expect from one so young. The mention of an angel is intriguing to the shadowmare - it seemed that the girl’s magic could identify Ryatah as her mother even when both Beyza and Agetta were still unaware of the fact. She filed away this knowledge, knowing that this would come up in the future and would be something that would have to be dealt with gracefully. ”I see,” the shadowmare says, lightly - as comfortingly as she is capable. ”I bet that was a surprise for your mother!” she added, conspiratorially.  But she turns the conversation quickly to Beyza’s bigger questions.

“Similar, yes, but my magic was gifted to me when I was grown,” she said, honestly. Beyza was the first magical child she’d encountered. An oddity, even here in Beqanna - and that was saying something. “You’ll find that emotions will make your magic stronger, but more unpredictable. That’s one thing you’ll need to learn to control. If you can control how you feel, it will be easier for you to control the magic.”  This much was true. Anaxarete knew that she could never control Beyza. But what she could do - could influence - is how she sees both herself and the world around her.

“Magic is powerful. People will try to use you for it - control you so they can control your power.  It is something to be wary of.  But if you remain true to what you believe, no one will be able to control you. You will bend others to your will, not the other way around,”  Anaxarete paused then, knowing the girl was likely much more interested in learning her abilities not self-control. She’d expect no more from a child - children were not famous for their patience and control.

”But let’s start with something simple,” she said, straightening and gesturing to a sickly looking acacia tree near where they stood. ”It seems your magic has an affinity for electricity. So let’s work with your magic. Focus on the electricity - see if you can direct it towards that tree,” the shadomare said, simply, taking a step back from the girl so she could concentrate.

a n a x a r e t e .
    stock credit 

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    white flames - by Beyza - 02-12-2020, 07:36 PM
    RE: white flames - by Anaxarete - 02-24-2020, 10:22 PM
    RE: white flames - by Beyza - 02-25-2020, 05:57 PM
    RE: white flames - by Anaxarete - 02-26-2020, 08:27 PM