• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

gold cage; hostage to my feelings
    The soft glow of the waxing sturgeon moon illuminates the path ahead. Celina is not especially quiet in her movements along this well-traveled path; there is no caution in the curious way she takes in the land around her. Pangea was far preferable at night, the dun filly thinks to herself; without the burning sun there is a sharp tingle to the growing autumn chill. The pale scales of her underbelly are little protection against the temperature, but she moves quickly and the heat of her body in motion is enough to warm her comfortably. It is times like these that she is grateful that she is not entirely cold-blooded.

Though the baked and grassless plain of Pangea spreads out nearly endlessly to her right, the blue-haired filly keeps to the rockier path, the one that twists through the no-man’s land between the Commons and Pangea. Ahead of her are the mountains of Hyaline, visible only as darkness without stars. She’d had plans of reaching the lake at the center of Hyaline by nightfall, but the path she had chosen to take (around the eastern edge of the Mountain rather than the more commonly traveled western river trail) is more strenuous than she had expected, and night has slowly crept around her.

There is a sound in the darkness, and Celina pauses.

Her pink nostrils flare, and the silver-tips of her ears flick round. It does not come again, and so she continues onward. Her only other venture to this land had also ended on the border. She had watched creatures beyond description and crept home, awed. Older now, Celina is wise enough to know to avoid the glittering black Pangean guards when possible. She’s not afraid, or so she tells herself, she is just saving her energy in case she needs it. The sound comes again – or perhaps a slightly different one.

Celina stops, and calls out into the darkness. “I’m just passing through,” she says to perhaps no one. “I don’t want any trouble.”

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

@[Squirt]

Messages In This Thread
    gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Celina - 02-16-2020, 04:06 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Beyza - 02-17-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Celina - 02-18-2020, 10:17 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Beyza - 02-21-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Celina - 02-22-2020, 12:05 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Beyza - 02-25-2020, 05:14 PM
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings - by Celina - 03-01-2020, 08:55 AM