• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on laugh-silvered wings
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    As always, the ice-scaled roan puts children first, and so when the boy and mother talk roughly at the same time, he first addresses the question. ”I already look the part, don’t you think?” he grins a bit, his brown eyes shining almost mischievously before addressing Oceane - with a quick shake of his head.

He hadn’t really expected a thank-you from anyone else but Oceane herself - the boy too excited, Lepis and Castile too reserved. So when the dragon before them rumbles in recognition of the mare’s statement, he almost shows surprise - but he blinks only once more than he should, careful with the large predator as unseen tension slowly does creep up on him, making him finally realize that perhaps the old dragon does not see him as something similar (built for a different climate), but as a threat, like males of lesser-evolved species might.

He tries to ignore the idea, focusing back on the purple mare. ”Don’t worry about it, Pond. He’s not too much trouble.” Heck, he’d been much worse as a child, and all he had ultimately done was point the way and make sure they weren’t being followed at the time.

Still, what Castile says troubles him. ”That sucks, man. I’m sorry.” Leilan has had his fair share of fairy business in his life. Each time he swore this would be the last time, and something would then happen. Humility before the cosmos, where one life was just a speck of dust and hardly noticeable, was the only way to survive those fickle little magicians.

Just like Lepis though, he doesn’t feel like staying. ”Take care, you guys.” he nods to them - then to Lepis, as well, as he takes his leave.

Better not stick around for the political part of this steal and escape, he decides. Though he has an ominous feeling about the whole ordeal; this might be the least of the trouble, and he’s too close to them: dangerously close to being sucked back into the kingdom life of Beqanna.

Then again, he’d already guessed that finalizing his decision about where to live might set a similar thing in motion. So why the heck not defend your friends anyway?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Oceane] your turn, if you guys want to continue
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    on laugh-silvered wings - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 08:52 AM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Oceane - 02-18-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Castile - 02-18-2020, 03:52 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 10:44 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Leilan - 02-19-2020, 01:12 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Oceane - 02-23-2020, 08:37 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Castile - 02-24-2020, 01:50 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 08:25 AM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Leilan - 02-26-2020, 12:23 PM