• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You know I'm a wild sea // Alcinder

A L C I N D E R
    i go to seek a great perhaps
    Alcinder settles comfortably into Cormorant, letting the warmth of their embrace settle the ragged nerves in his head and heart. He is not meant to be without his mother, but to know that he has the support from this finned-colt-turned-brother and his Aunts Aquaria and Lepis means more to the young colt than he knows how to express. So all he can do is hold Mo close for a time.

They break apart eventually and, Mo's eyes turned away, Alcinder's brother mumbles about needing to go home soon. To Ischia. This knowledge, though the thought had been lying dormant in the back of the blue-and-white colt's mind, forms a sad cloud in his mind. He knows, however, that the decision is not Cormorant's (and, further, he knows that Aquaria would only be making the decision because of her loyalty for her island home; he may be young, but Aunt Lepis had taught Alcinder as much about politics already as his insatiable mind wanted to know).

He smiles at his friend, thought the expression doesn't quite reach his eyes. "I had a feeling you might have to go home soon," he says before nudging his friend's shoulder with his own warm muzzle, "But as soon as Mama is home, I know she'll want to go visit you and Halcyon and Aunt Aquaria. She kept talking about it before ─"

Alcinder pauses. Before everything happened? Before he was taken?

"You just have to make sure that you find all of the cool places in Ischia to show me before we get there!"

@[Cormorant]
    ""

neamrel
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm a wild sea // Alcinder - by Alcinder - 03-10-2020, 03:36 PM