• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Where the rocks lie; Corban

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    She’s shy around him, like she had always been a bit shy around everyone else, as well. For her, it’s different from how she behaves around Lilli and Brazen - and even Neverwhere probably - but it is not much different than how she was before... everything. As she pulls back from touching him in greeting, she studies his face and smiles a bit. He seems surprised. ”I guess we both grew up.” she offers, not quite sure what to say instead. There’s something about him that gives her comfort and safety, and perhaps she just mistakes that for something else.

He just reminds her of how the world was, how it should be. That’s all. Sure it is.

And yet she doesn’t want to leave again. Not now. She smiles at his offhand reaction that he had nowhere else to go. ”You know that’s not true.” There’s always, always, the Field. Or any common land. She tilts her head at him. ”But I like that you’re still part of Nerine. That makes it more whole.”

Whole. Yes, that’s the word. As she revels in the presence of someone from the past, a friend, someone she, as a child, might have taken for granted - he makes her world whole. Makes her home a home; not just a place where she always lived and thus always stayed.

”Oh.” She hadn’t really spoken to him for a long time. ”I’ve been away for a time. To the Mountain.” She doesn’t really speak to many about it, and it’s not a subject she really wants to talk to him about but she also thinks he has some right of knowledge. ”When I came back, only Heartfire and Brazen seemed to be here, still. Now Heartfire is gone, and Neverwhere’s the new khaleesi, and…” for a moment she looks to Taiga in the distance, then shakes her head. ”I’m glad you’re here.” Between so many changes, someone steady was what she needed.

And he’s a perfect distraction from her doom-related thoughts of earlier. In fact, he looks rather perfect - though she knows looks can be deceiving. But hey, she still likes him. She always had - just not in the way she likes him now, perhaps - enough to maybe love, as well.

But surely that is for another time, she thinks.

@[Corban]

Messages In This Thread
    Where the rocks lie; Corban - by Eurwen - 02-23-2020, 05:36 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie; Corban - by Corban - 02-29-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie; Corban - by Eurwen - 03-04-2020, 02:42 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie; Corban - by Corban - 03-09-2020, 08:09 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie; Corban - by Eurwen - 03-22-2020, 10:07 AM