• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart was a compass; Lilliana

Ask Lilli where home is and she can conjure images of places and faces.

Her brother had once told her that home was the herd a horse surrounded themselves with. It's his proud, silver face that often comes to mind first. When she had been stripped of her family - and with them, any semblance of who she had been before Beqanna - Lilliana rooted herself to Taiga. She had started out similar to a sapling in the Redwoods and her roots are still grounded there but the chestnut mare is a mixture of air and water as well. Her mother had been a daughter of the Mountains; there is some distant part of her blood that feels at home among all the open spaces and salt air of Nerine too.

Neverwhere and Brazen and Eurwen are faces she sees almost every day. Lilliana can come North and know that they will be here. Its a trust that has been building day by day and they become as something as close to home as Taiga and Aten and Ruth are.

The roan stallion shakes his head and Lilliana grins, "So you’ve experienced the hospitality of our Khaleesi then.” Its said with a fondness warming her voice but with a knowledge that Neverwhere’s version of hospitality might be.. interesting to some. There were some horses that would move mountains; in Lilli’s mind, Nev would tell the mountains to move or go around them altogether.

The Taigan laughs at his pun - a bright, lilting sound in the cool autumn sunshine - and when she finally stops, the chestnut shakes her head at it. There was only one @[Leilan].

"And you? How have you been? Still hoarding gold and scaring children?”

There is a twinge of guilt that she hadn’t visited the Isle when he had extended the invitation to visitation -  she should have, she thinks. And as a diplomat for the Northern kingdom, the knowledge of all three territories would serve her well. It’s decided then and she laughs again, inclining her head to her rounding stomach. "I will,” she agrees, "perhaps once the weather warms. I’m not sure I fancy a swim to the Isle this time of year.”

"Though,” she adds with a grin, "I might be a bit more buoyant in this state.”

LILLIANA
    and its harder than you think
    telling dreams from one another
    art by the day of shadow
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 02-29-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by lilliana - 03-06-2020, 11:07 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-11-2020, 12:23 PM
    RE: My heart was a compass; Lilliana - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 07:25 AM