• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  blood in the water; halcyon/any

we wear the mask
    that grins and lies

Gallivanting around the island with Cormorant, though he loves his younger brother, has nothing on this experience with a fellow tiger-shifter. Plunging through the tropical forest of Ischia with Titanya is invigorating. Their strides, bounding and powerful, fall into sync with each other, and for the first time Halcyon wonders how it would feel to hunt beside the tigress.

A grin finds his lips and remains there as they venture further and further into the jungle ─ it's all familiar to him, but his excitement knows no bounds as he shares his tropical home with new eyes. He hopes that she can appreciate it in the same way that he does. Basking in their surroundings and in his companionship, the pubescent boy is breathy upon their arrival to the small jungle clearing. They grin at each other as he proclaims its importance to him.

Into the basin he steps carefully, but Titanya has another idea and the idle ripple of the water is destroyed by her leap and landing. He laughs aloud, the sound startled out of him by her unexpected playfulness, and shakes the water from his face and ears. More laughter falls from him as he opens his feline eyes and receives another face full of water, this time sprayed by Titanya's sweeping paw. He growls low, the sound ticking in his throat, as he grins mischievously and swipes a paw back in her direction.

He debates tackling her into the water, but the thought is short-lived as she turns her attention to the tumultuous surface of the small pond. It settles slowly, and he, too, peers into the rippling surface for any indication of the gleaming, silver-scaled fish he often finds spending their days in the shallows here.

"I was," he whispers gruffly in response to her unexpected question. Halcyon chances a quick glance at the woman, curious about her but not quit daring to ask her anything that might seem too personal. He decides to expand on himself, first, until he could work up the courage to ask her. "I spent my first year here, my second in Loess, and now I'm finally home..." The tiger trails off and his tail twitches behind him as something shiny beneath the water catches his eye.

It disappears just as swiftly. "Where were you born?" he asks finally, before holding his breath in the hope that she will be in a mood to share.

@[Titanya]
    ""
    n | j

Messages In This Thread
    blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Titanya - 02-25-2020, 07:31 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Halcyon - 03-04-2020, 03:30 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Titanya - 03-24-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Halcyon - 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Titanya - 04-05-2020, 09:00 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Halcyon - 04-18-2020, 01:22 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Titanya - 04-25-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: blood in the water; halcyon/any - by Halcyon - 05-06-2020, 03:47 PM