• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  felt the wind underneath my wings

She can’t help it. 
    She glows.

It can be easy to miss (except for Lilliana - she is always so conscious of her glow as only a horse born without any gifts can be.) There is a faint illumination coming from the paleness of her socks that she tries to quiet but there is only so much that the copper mare can do. Her unborn twins are perhaps having their first sibling argument (the fluttering seems to fluctuate from her heart to her stomach and she can’t quite pin the feeling down) as she tries to make out the source of the noise.

She doesn’t want to glow. Especially now.

That particular gift seems to be tied to her emotions, and there has been no taming those these days either.

Finally, she dims.

Her dark nostrils flare as she raises her chestnut head a little higher, searching through what dim light there is when the sound of approaching hoofsteps becomes louder. She can’t quite make out the scent from where she stands but the Taigan mare knows she isn’t alone. For a moment, that realization draws a blade against her heart and she can feel the blood in her veins pump harder, louder, insistent that she acknowledge her newfound fears.

Ah, but the red woman can be stubborn at times.

The sabino stallion comes to a halt, emerging into view and Lilliana takes in the measure of him. It isn’t a calculated look but rather one searching for merit and some indication of the substance of him (can that really be found with a single glance?). It will take time for her - and a journey - but the chestnut decides to trust herself.

Realizing that she has spent a long, silent moment just staring at him, the Ambassador lets out a long breath and offers a tentative smile to the approacher. "How about an introduction?” Lilliana offers - a safe enough place to start. Her head lowers in a polite dip, ”I’m Lilliana. And you are?”

She wonders what he means by her element; does he mean her scent of salt and evergreen, that she smells like freedom and nobility? The chestnut finds her head tilting just a little more as she raises it, curious. "Is this,” she implies with an upward glance before letting it come to rest on his bald face, "your element?”

@[Juice]

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    felt the wind underneath my wings - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 09:27 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-05-2020, 10:47 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by lilliana - 03-09-2020, 08:08 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 03-29-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 04-07-2020, 04:28 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 04-14-2020, 03:16 PM