• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    Deep down, he always knew the core of him would devote itself wholly to Starsin. From the second he laid eyes on her and tried to act as though that weren’t the truth of it. He had tried to fight it and pitted his heart against itself, but it could never learn to pronounce any name than hers. Her love is the only language he has ever cared to learn, and it makes him laugh when she snaps at him. Every harsh word is just another “I love you” to his foolish ears.

I don’t mind. I like the way you scowl at me – it’s different from how you scowl at others,” he says with a grin that’s sure to earn another aggravated stare. Ophanim curls his wing a little tighter around her in a light embrace as he kisses at the top of her head. The angel boy thinks he could stay like this forever if the world would stop spinning for a while. His eyes drift closed as he savors the rhythm of her heart in his chest as it beats in time with his own. They form a perfect symphony even when she tenses and presses herself to him. Her pulse quickens with pain and his with nerves.

When she lies down, he paces behind her with his wings tucked tight to his sides. She’s stronger than anyone he knows, of course, but worst case scenarios always come creeping into his mind all the same. He swallows nervously just as their first newborn enters the world, bright peach and perfect. He wants to rush to them but he gives Starsin her space for a while until she speaks. Cold? Ophie’s head tilts and he edges closer to the tiny girl, pressing his nose to her cheek as he examines her. Her eyes are bright and beautiful but his wife is right.

Ophanim carefully curls a wing down and around his youngest daughter. He gingerly fusses with the fluff of her mane and peppers her with kisses as he monitors her closely. It almost doesn’t occur to him that Starsin carries two children until the second twin slips from her. He lifts his head, eyes wide and ears perked forward as he stares at the other filly. Somehow this doesn’t alarm Starsin but he manages to find himself slack jawed while the darker twin stumbles onto wobbly legs.

He collects himself enough to press a kiss to Starsin’s temple as the younger twin sneezes, bringing him back to reality for the time being. “We have two babies,” he finally says, bringing his gaze to find hers. “They get their looks from you. I just make them weird colors.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 03-18-2020, 02:33 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 03-20-2020, 01:43 PM